Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rice and Beans

Handing out rice and beans was sort of crazy. People from the group that have come times before this said this was nothing. But to me it was crazy. They have a good system down but it was really anoying because the kids mainly boys wanted to come up behind where you were handing out the rice and beans and steal some out of the bag. I had to continue to say vayan and push boys away. I did not like doing that. Because the amount of people was much smaller than what was expected we gave the extra rice and beans to the pastor of the church.
The church wanted to hold a grand goodbye with presents and everything. It was nice the pastor told me that he did not have a present for me and that he did not want me to feel bad. Of course I did not feel bad, because there was no reason to give me a present. I really hope that I will be able to return for services. I hope Courtney would want to go also.
We shall see what God has in store for the rest of the summer.

Paz

No comments:

Post a Comment