Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Medical Group

I have really enjoyed having the medical group here. Everyone is so nice, and just a lot of fun. There was a couple from CA, who invited me to dinner last night. We talked about all sorts of different things, one of which being religion. It was fun to here what they believe, I think that it is also interesting that when a person is not a Christian and they have a conversation with a Christian they ask all of these questions about God, and religion, and everything. Questions that sometimes the answer is "I don't know." I think they assume that we have all of the answers. But, the first thing I realized with my relationship with Christ is that there are many things that I will not be able to answer.

Today I was able to go with the group. I do not remember where we went, only the ride up there. The bus driver Orlando was incredible, he backed the bus up without any problems even when there was really no place to back up to. Also, we had to cross this little creek. The bride that was there was not going to hold the bus. I do not even think it was going to hold us as we walked a cross it. There was a place for buses and other cars to cross the creek. After we all loaded the bus again we were off once again to the unknown destination. We arrived to the School only after a few hours, and school was in session. I was told that this is very abnormal, but when we arrived classes were dismissed. We started unloading the truck. At this point I was taking pictures of people unloading the truck.

Almost every doctor had their own room or their own area. The peds had three doctors to a room and the dentists were all in one room. There was also one room that was for starting the paper work. When I was asked to help this was one of the main jobs I had. I would ask for names and ages. When they were giving their information the patients were also receiving deworming medicine. After they leave the room someone takes them to a line for a doctor. This was also one of my jobs. I would run around almost like a chicken with my head cut off, but with more purpose.

The patients would see the doctors and then head to the Pharmacy. Where their medicines would be filled and given to them. This was my third Job. I was asked to help translate what the medicines were for and how often they needed to talk them. I do not think I will ever say take this 2 times a day every day that many times again.

Overall I had a great time. I worked hard, and did a lot of things that I did not think I was going to do when I am here. I met a lot of nice people, and maybe one day I will be able to work with them again. Who knows. here are some more photos from the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment