Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tara Coming Courtney Leaving

Yesterday the 13, Courtney and My friend Tara flew in. Sadly Courtney left today. Tara is a better friend to Courtney then me. Yesterday, we took a bus from Jinotega at about 1:30. Courtney and I arrived in Managua and took a taxi from the bus station to their house in Altos de Najapas. We just hung out until Jimmy one of Gio's drivers arrived to pick us up and take us to the airport.
We arrived at the airport and we waited for Tara's flight to land. Once we saw Tara, Courtney was almost jumping up and down. Okay, so she was not really jumping up in down, but inside I think she was. We got back to the house and hung out for a little bit. Courtney could not find her camera and so it is now in the hands of someone else. I mean it happens but it stinks at the same time. Tara and Courtney stayed up and talked and I hung out with Gio and Rodney.

We woke up early this morning to take Courtney to the airport. Rodney droves us there, we hungout for about and hour. Tara and I walked her through to security check point and she was off. After that we waited for Isidro to arrive in Managua. After, he arrived we all decided that we wanted to stay another night in Managua with Gio and Rodney. Gio wanted to see a movie and so we went to the mall, and saw Boy in the stripped pajamas. It was an interesting experince going to the mall. I have not seen so many gringo, in Nicaragua at one time, except for the airport. The airport and the mall have the most gringos. I feel very odd being at both places.

We ate at the foodcourt and had pizza. How American can you be right? What an experince for Tara, her first day in Nicaragua, going to the airport, and the mall and a movie in one day. Sort of random. While we were eating Rodney was talking about his NGO all of which I already know so I decided just to talk to Gio and Isidro. I figured that I was going to be translating a lot so I did not want to speak English when I did not have to.

So here is the first day of my andventure of Ometepe.

Paz

No comments:

Post a Comment